Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kindling my social life -- with my daughter's

I've written about working moms and play dates before, but after a few more laps around the Mommy Dating Pool, I took another look at the mom-friend phenomenon in this week's "Parenting Traps" column in the Boston Globe Sunday Magazine. (Incidentally, it's nearly impossible to find a decent stock image of a moms socializing with kids who are not toddlers? What gives? I can't be the only one who's not yet ready to let my 4-year-old go on a playdate all by herself!)
June 14, 2009
Play date for moms
By Lylah M. Alphonse, Globe Staff

I went on a date recently. Without my husband.

I was nervous. I didn't know what to wear. I was taking my 4-year-old to play with a friend from school, and while her friend's mom and I had connected briefly over the phone, we had never spent time together in person. As I drove to the play date, I worried: Our kids adore each other, but what if we moms don't hit it off? ... [More]
Read the rest at Boston.com/Magazine, and share your playdate experiences in the comments.

No comments: